- Jesse Tree Ornaments:
- Holy Heroes has an free Advent subscription with daily activities and online videos. You could use these selectively in class.
- A YouTube video showing the symbolism of John the Baptist in art.
- Resources from Loyola Press
- A collection of Advent prayer ideas.
- A variety of Advent links from The Religion Teacher.
- And yet another collection of Advent resources.
- 25 Bible verses counting down to Christmas
- An Advent webinar featuring Lisa Hendey
- Why is the third week of Advent pink?
- Advent in Two Minutes - a YouTube video by Busted Halo
- Powerpoint to explain/review Advent - another in the series by Joe Paprocki
- Matching project - Advent saints
- Advent Bingo Game
- The Nativity set to Bohemian Rhapsody. It is pretty funny. I think kids from second grade on up could appreciate it.
- 3-D Nativity Coloring project
- Handout for preparing for confessions
- Stations of the Cross for children
- Making mini Stations booklets that kids can color and keep.
- Video Stations of the Cross told in a narrative - for primary grades
- Different resources and ways to reflect on the Stations of the Cross
- 40 Ideas for 40 Days - from Joe Paprocki's blog
- Ideas for an Ash Wednesday lesson plan
- Explaining Ash Wednesday to children
- Another collection of Lent ideas
- A Lent powerpoint for your class
- Arts & Faith videos from Loyola Press. A painting that connects with each Sunday's gospel is explored. Caution - review before showing in classes.
- A great class activity that keeps kids engaged wondering what the end product will be.
- A Powerpoint that explains Holy Week and Easter.
- Ten classical music videos for Holy Week and Easter. You can use them in the background, or listen to them and talk about the emotions / ideas being expressed.
- A Lent Project and Resource Pinterest page
- A collection of Lent activities by grade level
- A cartoon about the Temptations in the desert
- Another cartoon about the Temptations
- A collection from Jared Dees