Student Placement Guidelines
- All children who have been baptized Catholic are expected to begin formal religious education in First Grade with continuous formation through Eighth Grade in a Catholic school or parish Religious Education program.
- Parents of new students in Second Grade and above must provide transcripts showing the child’s previous and consistent participation in an Archdiocesan-approved Catholic School or parish Religious Education program beginning in First Grade.
- We place students in their grade-appropriate years and work with them and their families to prepare for the sacraments when they have completed two years of enrollment.
- Students beginning Religious Education for the first time in second grade are placed in the First Year class. In their second year, they will be placed in Third Grade.
- Students who did not attend in Seventh Grade will begin preparation for Confirmation in the Seventh Grade program (Confirmation I) , and when they are in Ninth Grade, be placed in the Eighth Grade program (Confirmation II). They will be confirmed in that year.